Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Blueberry time


Summer in Michigan brings lots of fruit! This month it's blueberries. Jen, my partner in fruit crime, and I went picking at the Dexter Blueberry Farm. The blueberries are big and sweet this year even in the face of the drought. The farm was packed with blueberries and people. Oddly enough there were kids everywhere yelling out the mantra, "there are millions over here" and "there are billions over here".
Jen and I didn't pick millions or billions, but we did get hundreds... 


This is the first time I have ever seen how blueberries are grown



 They are so good, that I decided that they shall be eaten in their natural form, or with pancakes...





Check out the gorgeous color of blue.


No breakfast would be complete without one of my favorite coffee mugs made by my friend Allison Shock. http://threestarowl.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment