Friday, January 25, 2013

A beautiful day

Today it started snowing around 4am and it has not stopped yet. Well actually it stopped for about 30 minutes while I shoveled the driveway, then promptly started again as soon as I was done. Oh well....

Since the sun was out, I decided that it was nice enough to take a walk, the ground was still frozen and not really wet, so it was pleasant. We have been having lots of crows around stealing from the bird feeders and I noticed them flying around above me, so I stood at watched them for a while, when I started walking again the sun had just come out from a cloud and was shining on the new snow and it was magical.
I hope you can see the flakes in these photos. I have never in my life seen anything like this. For some reason, I did not actually realize that snow flakes looked this way. Whenever I have seen them before, they were big and fluffy with no real shape, but these are gorgeous.
Enjoy..... and remember sometimes you have look around and be in the moment.







1 comment:

  1. Aren't they amazing, and to know that no two are the same...EVER

    ReplyDelete